Contract with the County
We believe that the fundamental principles of conservative government must be observed in Rockingham County. We urge every Citizen to be aware of those issues that affect our lives, our property and our freedoms and to become actively involved in promoting changes that will make our County a great place to live and raise our families.
- We resolve to be vigilant over our County government to ensure our Rights, Freedoms, and Prosperity are maintained.
- We resolve to review the decisions made by County officials to ensure they only benefit the public interest and are implemented in the most efficient and effective manner.
- We resolve to work with governmental agencies, business groups, and other organizations in order to further job opportunities for the citizens of the County.
- We resolve to review the laws and regulations applicable to the County and make sure they are impartially applied to all and do not restrict the rights of the Citizens.
- We resolve to review all items that affect the environment and the health of our fellow Citizens to enable safe and productive lives for everyone.
- We resolve to review our education facilities and curriculum to ensure that our citizens are prepared to meet the challenges of the future and maintain the heritage of our past.
These are the basic duties that a citizen of Rockingham County is responsible for in order to make our County a better place to live. This Convention assigns the task to every Precinct to organize and define issues related to these topics and develop methods to address the problems we find.
An additional task of building a communications structure among the Precincts is assigned to the Officers of the County Party working with the Officers of the Precincts. This communication structure will help us to implement those corrective measures we deem necessary for the development of our Communities and the County as a whole.
Approved on March 12th, 2022 at the Rockingham County Convention, Wentworth, North Carolina.